Joey Guarascio – Head Strength & Conditioning Coach at FAU
In this episode, learn how you don't need the most expensive apparatuses and devices to drive cutting-edge results. And if that wasn't enough info, Coach G also discusses deceleration training, max velocity sprints, and what adjustments are made to ensure that it optimizes the work that's done on the field.
- Joined the staff in January of 2020 as FAU’s head strength and conditioning coach
At Colorado State
- Elevated to the Rams’ head strength and conditioning coach at CSU and was promoted from theassociate level just one year after moving to CSU
At Ole Miss
- Served as the assistant strength and conditioning coach at Ole Miss where he helped lead thefootball team to a pair of New Year’s Six bowls during his tenure, including the 2014 Peach Bowl and the 2016 Sugar Bowl
- Was also in charge of the Rebels’ pro day and NFL combine preparation programs
At Northwestern State
- Served as the director of strength and conditioning at Northwestern State
- Oversaw all 17 varsity sports and specifically handled football, men’s and women’s basketball and volleyball
Graduate Assistant and Internships
- Began his career as a graduate assistant at NSU and then was an intern at both Florida Atlantic and LSU
03:20 – What motivated you to go into strength and conditioning?
12:00 – How does technology assist you in programming?
27:00 – How does deceleration training fit into the training calendar?
44:30 – How closely do you work with the football staff and make recommendations to them regarding practice and preparation?
52:45 – How do you condition your football team for competition?
01:06:00 – What are the thresholds of max velo sprint distances and velocities during the offseason?
01:18:30 – What does toughness training look like to you and is it something that you program for?
01:28:00 – Would you train women differently from men?
01:29:45 – How would you program differently when working with pre-teens?
01:36:00 – What are some things that incoming freshmen are lacking in, and have you noticed any differences that may be related to geographics?
Connect with Coach Moffitt
Resources: If you or your organization would like to To know more about The Moffitt Method, please schedule a call with one of our coaches. Book a Call